- This event has passed.
Real-World Data Governance Webinar: Activate Data Governance Using the Data Catalog
February 17, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Data Governance programs depend on the activation of data stewards that are held formally accountable for how they manage data. The data catalog is a critical tool to enable your stewards to contribute and interact with an inventory of metadata about the data definition, production, and usage. This interaction is active Data Governance in the truest sense of the word.
In this RWDG webinar, Bob Seiner will share tips and techniques focused on activating your data stewards through a data catalog. Data Governance programs that involve stewards in daily activities are more likely to demonstrate value from their data-intensive investments.
Bob will address the following in this webinar:
- A comparison of active and passive Data Governance
- What it means to have an active Data Governance program
- How a data catalog tool can be used to activate data stewards
- The role a data catalog plays in Data Governance
- The metadata in the data catalog will not govern itself