KIK Consulting’s consulting services are structured to meet our client’s requirements. From conducting an early assessment and delivering a custom roadmap for delivery of a Non-Invasive Data Governance and/or Metadata Management program, to assessing an existing program and recommending ways to improve on value delivery, to providing all of the core components of successful programs, and everything in-between – the consulting services we provide are tailored to each client’s specific requirements and interests.
KIK Consulting offers traditional daily, hourly, and fixed price consulting services focused on delivering quality artifacts and presentations that are required to achieve sustainable and best practice data governance and metadata management programs.
KIK Consulting shares an extensive toolkit of proven templates and DIY tools that immediately add value to your solutions at little to no cost. A sampling of these tools include artifacts you can develop yourself focused on inventorying critical organizational data assets, formalizing accountability for data, providing repeatable processes and communications, evaluating organizational maturity and readiness.
KIK Consulting assists organizations to develop vendor and tool requirements, review existing tools and survey appropriate tools for acquisition, manage the request for the proposal-response-evaluation process, select the appropriate vendors and tools, conduct a proof-of-concept or pilot using the selected tool, and successfully govern the implementation of the tool to demonstrate value and successful return on investment. KIK Consulting is a tool-agnostic company, meaning that our interest is your best interest when it comes to making the serious investment of time, money, and resources toward delivering enabling technologies – including data catalogs, business glossaries, data dictionaries, and metadata repositories.
KIK Consulting provides client-based executive, strategic, tactical, and operational educational and training sessions, on-site and remotely, that socialize the concepts and approaches to the data governance and metadata disciplines. These sessions are customized to address the specific audience interests including to better explain the disciplines, to differentiate between approaches, to articulate business value, and encourage organizational participation in the way that improves the likelihood that these materials will be easily understood and become actionable for the organization. These educational and training gatherings can be held once, repeated, and/or recorded at any length including hour-long, quarter-day, half-day, full-day, and multiple-day sessions.
KIK Consulting provides additional services that are too many to describe here and we are willing to discuss your specific needs and customize consulting services based on your organization’s best interests. Reach out to KIK Consulting today. Mr. Seiner is always happy to spend time with you discussing your needs and will be glad to tailor a consulting engagement of time, length, and cost that will be appropriate for your organization.
Reach out to KIK Consulting through the Contact Page to request a meeting to discuss how we may assist your organization with Consulting solutions.
Consultative Mentoring is KIK Consulting’s approach to consulting and mentoring with an emphasis on knowledge transfer. A typical consulting engagement for KIK Consulting is not a long series of contiguous on-site days. Rather, Consultative Mentoring focuses on transferring best practice knowledge, tools, and templates, know-how to the client with the intent of leaving the client self-sufficient in a short period of time. This approach to consulting and education through on-site and remote mentoring is less expensive and less intrusive for the client while assuring the delivery of a best practice and sustainable Non-Invasive Data Governance™ and Metadata Management programs.
The reason why this approach to delivering services is successful – often at the client’s request, there will be periods of time when the client’s staff will require time to absorb and put into practice what has been discussed during the previous days. As part of this service, scheduling requires working within the organization’s previous commitments. In a consultative mentoring engagement, the number of on-site and remote days is always at the discretion of the client.
Transfer of knowledge through “just in time” counsel and guidance focused on the particulars of data governance and metadata management programs directed through client engagement. Mentoring involves the acquisition of sets of hours that are utilized at a pace guided by the client and targeted at providing appropriate levels of assistance as necessary and as needed.
Examples of Consultative Mentoring services include:
- Become actively involved in socializing (including promoting, “selling” and sharing) the concepts on Non-Invasive Data Governance by providing presentations and relatable materials to be shared with Senior Leadership, Management, and staff.
- Assisting and/or Mentoring the organization through the review of their data governance activities, charter, framework, sponsorship, policy, additional documentation as needed … to identify how to leverage existing activities.
- Assisting and/or Mentoring the organization to develop and/or review their existing data governance roadmap and actionable plan based on the results of an Assessment.
- Assisting and/or Mentoring the organization to build a data governance communications and awareness plan.
- Providing guidance to address questions about successful implementations.
- Providing tools and templates to assist the organization in the delivery of their formal Data Governance program.
- Documenting and assisting the organization in gaining approval for metrics and measurements for demonstrating Data Governance program success.
- Delivering a Data Governance Policy or a set of formal guidelines.
- Hosting large group education and mentoring sessions.
Reach out to KIK Consulting through the Contact Page to request a meeting to discuss how we may assist your organization with Consultative Mentoring solutions.
KIK Consulting provides educational service through public and private classes and training sessions that focus on Non-Invasive Data Governance, metadata management, the use of glossaries, dictionaries and catalogs, data, and metadata stewardship, and data management. KIK Consulting has developed courses and courseware that can be used to deliver onsite and remote learning in an efficient and cost-effective manner. KIK Consulting will be happy to develop an educational program to match your interests and direct it toward your specific audiences.
KIK Consulting & Educational Services was originally named KIK Consulting for it’s first two years of existence. Quickly it became obvious that education played a large role in our focus on knowledge transfer and mentoring that resulted in the company’s initials being KIK (“knowledge is king”). KIK Consulting has education repeatedly on-site at client locations around the world, publicly in seminar and workshop settings, and in virtual live arrangements.
Examples of Education and Training services include:
- Two and three day onsite courses focused on how to build and implement Non-Invasive Data Governance and Metadata Management programs. These courses have been provided to organization-specified audiences ranging from a handful of staff to dozens of staff in a single sitting or repeated throughout the organization. Participants of the courses receive full copies of the presented materials as well as a packet of proven tools and templates developed over many years of assisting KIK Consulting’s clients by providing cost-effective solutions.
- Two and three-day public seminars and workshops on how to build and implement Non-Invasive Data Governance and Metadata Management programs. These courses have been provided to audiences representing numerous organizations nationally and internationally. Central locations are selected to achieve maximum participation. Participants of the seminars and workshops receive a copy of the book Non-Invasive Data Governance: The Path of Least Resistance and Greatest Success, full copies of the presented materials as well as a packet of proven tools and templates developed over many years of assisting KIK Consulting’s clients by providing cost-effective solutions.
- Two full-day or four partial day (broken into four sessions) virtual live education and training focused on how to build and implement Non-Invasive Data Governance and Metadata Management programs. These courses are being provided to audiences representing specifically a single organization or numerous organizations nationally and internationally. Participants of the virtual live education and training receive full copies of the presented materials as well as a packet of proven tools and templates developed over many years of assisting KIK Consulting’s clients by providing cost-effective solutions.
- KIK Consulting provides customized recorded education and training built-in modular fashion to be made widely available to audiences for the organization nationally and internationally. These sessions can be from 30 minutes to 90 minutes in length and are developed specifically to the organization’s specifications.
- KIK Consulting provides online learning plans in Non-Invasive Data Governance, Non-Invasive Metadata Governance, and Business Glossaries, Data Dictionaries, and Data Catalogs through the Dataversity Training Center. These learning plans range from 5 to 7 modules and can be purchased by module or as a complete learning plan. Visit the NIDG page of this website to learn more about how to acquire these courses and learning plans.
Reach out to KIK Consulting through the Contact Page to request a meeting to discuss how we may assist your organization with Educational and Training solutions.