Data Quality & Information Quality Virtual Conference: Getting Started with Data Governance
December 7 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
There is a set of customary tasks that are required to define, develop, and deploy a Data Governance program. These tasks, though they may differ from organization to organization, are consistent in what they set out to accomplish. These tasks become the backbone upon which the successful program is built and supported.
In this tutorial, Bob Seiner will walk through the basic tasks of getting started with a Data Governance program while detailing the steps that are required to complete the primary components. Do-it-yourself templates and tools will be shared and discussed as well as how to leverage these artifacts to get your program to start demonstrating value.
Bob will present techniques for defining:
- Best practices and guiding principles
- An operating model of roles and responsibilities
- A work plan for incremental deployment
- A communication plan focused on awareness and action
- Tools and templates for delivering value quickly and effectively