- This event has passed.
Real-World Data Governance Webinar: The Impact of Data Governance on Data Literacy
August 18 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Gartner defines Data Literacy as the ability to read, write, and communicate data in context, including an understanding of data sources and constructs, analytical methods, and techniques applied, and the ability to describe the use case, application, and resulting value. That is a mouthful and fair definition. Everything included in the definition screams the need for governance or you will continue to be data uninformed.
In this new RWDG webinar, Bob Seiner will share his experience relating Data Governance to Data Literacy efforts. Sometimes the discipline of Data Literacy falls squarely on the shoulders of Data Governance. Is this best practice or is this wrong? This webinar investigates the relationship between the disciplines and the impact Data Governance has on Data Literacy.
In this webinar Bob will talk about:
- Defining the relationship between Data Governance and Data Literacy
- Ways Data Governance can enable Data Literacy
- Appropriate ownership of Data Literacy
- Including governance as a Data Literacy topic
- Direct impact of Data Governance on Data Literacy