Real-World Data Governance Webinar: Data Governance vs. Information Governance
July 15 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
What is the difference between data governance and information governance? Organizations either use these terms interchangeably – or they have a distinct separate meaning. Either way, it is important to discuss the discipline of governance as it pertains to different types of data and information. And what the discipline is called.
Join Bob Seiner for this important RWDG webinar where he will share examples of organizations using each term, what it has meant for them, where their focuses have been and how the terminology is evolving over time. Lots has been written about data governance and information governance however it is time to compare and contrast these disciplines and make a decision as to the right name to call it in your organization.
This webinar will focus on:
- Similarities and difference between data and information
- Definitions of data and information governance
- Examples of how organizations have selected their label
- Brief case studies of governance named both ways
- Considerations for naming your program