Real-World Data Governance Webinar: Data Governance and Data Science to Improve Data Quality (with Special Guest*)
August 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
Data science uses systematic methods, algorithms, and systems to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data. Data science requires high-quality data that is trusted by the organization and data scientists. Many organizations focus their data governance programs on improving data quality resulting. These three concepts (governance, science, and quality) seem to be made for each other.
In this RWDG webinar, Bob Seiner and his special guest will discuss how the people focusing on data governance and data science must work together to improve the level of confidence the organization has in its most critical data assets. Heavy investments are being made in data science but not so much for data governance. Bob will talk about how data governance and data science must work together to improve data quality.
In this webinar, Bob will discuss:
- The relationship between data governance and data science
- How data governance can leverage data science to improve data quality
- Data scientists role in data governance
- Data scientists role in improving data quality
- Combining the three concepts into a “tour de force”
* guest – Christopher Paskins of Western Digital, Dir. Of Global Enterprise Data Governance and long-time data scientist.